Dear Spotify,
I discovered something unpleasant about you today that I believe the world needs to realize before more damage is done. You, Spotify, have been posting all the songs I listen to on you to my Facebook wall. This is decidedly unacceptable. You didn't even ask me first! Even farmville had the decency to ask me before it posted horribly obnoxious messages about how many cows I milked in a day or when I bought a fancy new barn because it was almost christmas and I wanted to reward little farmer me for all the hard work he does. Obviously, I told farmville to post these things so my friends could see my achievements. But you are a different case spotify because I use you for a very specific reason: to listen to embarrassing music that I don't want to download to my iTunes.
When I have the shameful urge to listen to Shania Twain, I turn to you to satisfy my secret love of sassy country pop. And I love that about you Spotify, but that is a secret best kept between me you and Shania. I don't need all my friends, relatives, acquaintances, people I met once at a party, and people I couldn't remember but we had enough mutual friends so I accepted their friend request anyway to see when "Man, I Feel Like A Woman!" is playing in my headphones. It's really none of their business and I'd prefer to enjoy Ms. Twain without your subtly-judgmental statements about my music choices on my profile. You can try to make it sound like your just being friendly about it, casually letting people know that "Joe Ziemba listened to 'Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)' by Shania Twain" but I know you are secretly mocking me, metaphorically pointing your virtual finger and laughing in my face. Well you know what Spotify, there's nothing wrong with liking Shania, she is a talented and wonderful woman with life experiences to share with us through music!
No comments:
Post a Comment